Birthday: May 30,1996 | Hometown: Byron, Michigan
Erik dreams big. He’s on a quest for more than just glory on track, but in life as well, aspiring to own businesses in addition to trophies. He has the drive to set big goals and the skills and savvy to chase them down, no matter what or who is in the way. Erik has been fortunate to live some of his dreams already, but with that, comes great responsibility. He moved out on his own at 16, bought a condo, started paying bills, making investments, toying with hobbies and making life-altering decisions. He understands he’s limited on “real world” experience and leans on those close to him for insight when needed. Part of recognizing your limits is understanding how the past plays a role in your life. He’s read dozens of athlete autobiographies, especially the ones scribed by the ‘bad boys,’ picking up clues on how to keep himself on the right path. Erik is hungry to learn about America’s past, sports events and athletes of yesteryear, as well as his own ancestry.Though Erik’s destination is still to be determined, it’s clear that he’s got a long road ahead of him. He’ll find a way around traffic or speed bumps, so wherever he’s going, he’ll get there fast, while having some fun along the way.
- Erik enters the 2016 season competing full-time in the NASCAR XFINITY Series for Joe Gibbs Racing
- Youngest NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Champion at 19 years, 5 months and 21 days while also collecting Rookie of the Year honors. He finished the NCWTS season with three wins, five poles, 11 top-five finishes and 20 top-10 finishes.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) Debut at Kansas Speedway on May 9, 2015 subbing for Kyle Busch in the No. 18 Toyota Camry. Total of 3 NSCS starts in 2015
- 23 NXS starts; 2 wins, 3 poles, 13 top-five, and 17 top-10 finishes.
- Youngest driver to complete triple duty after competing in all three NASCAR series at Texas Motor Speedway November 6-8,2015. NCWTS started 5th, finished 1st; NXS started 3rd, finished 4th; NSCS started 6th, finished 12th.
- Earned the Super Late Model Triple Crown by winning Battle at Berlin 251 at Berlin Raceway on June 16, the Stoops Freightliner Redbud 300 at Anderson Speedway on July 18, and the Winchester 400 at Winchester Speedway on October 11.
- Posted three wins across 12 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts, winning the Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway (12.7.14), Rhino Linings 350 at Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway (9/27/14) and the American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton (7/11/14).
- Finished seventh in his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut for Joe Gibbs Racing at Chicagoland (Ill.) Speedway (7/19/14) and followed it up with an eighth-place finish at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (8/22/14) and a sixth-place finish at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway (11.8.14)
- Collected back to back Super Late Model wins in the Winchester 400 at Winchester (Ind.) Speedway (10/12/14) as well as a win in the Howie Lettow Memorial 150 ARCA Midwest Tour race at the Milwaukee (Wis.) Mile (6/8/14) running for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- At 17 years, five months and nine days old, became the youngest winner in the history of the NCWTS with his victory in the November event at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway (11/8/13); mark was eclipsed by Cole Custer in 2014
- Became the first 16-year-old to compete in a NCWTS race since KBM owner-driver Kyle Busch in October of 2001, went on to finish ninth in his debut at Martinsville Speedway (4/6/13) and recorded top-10 finishes in all five of his series starts
- Collected first ARCA Racing Series victory at Berlin Raceway in Marne, Mich. (8/10/13) and registered two top-five and three top-10 finishes across four starts
- Became just the third driver in the 46-year-history of the prestigious Snowball Derby Super Late Model race at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla. to register back-to-back victories (12/8/13)
- With a victory in the Winchester 400 Super Late Model race at Winchester (Ind.) Speedway, became the sixth driver in history to post victories in both that race and the Snowball Derby (10/13/13)
- Won the prestigious Snowball Derby Super Late Model race at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla., out dueling KBM owner-driver Kyle Busch in the closing laps to secure the victory (12/2/12)