No. 20 GameStop NBA 2K17 Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY: With five races remaining in the 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) season, teams will unload at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Erik Jones will make his fourth-career start at the 1.5-mile track behind the wheel of the No. 20 GameStop NBA 2K17 Toyota Camry. In his previous three starts at the track, Jones has one pole starting position (May 2016) and one top-five finish. Jones has led 14 laps and has an average start of 3.7 and average finish of 16.0.
· JGR AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 81 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway with eight wins, 31 top-five finishes and 45 top-10 finishes with an average start of 11.2 and an average finish of 12.3. The team has earned five pole starting positions, led 1,451 laps and completed 15,563 of 16,175 attempted laps (96.2%). Kyle Busch leads the team with five wins (2008, 2009, 2010 and swept 2013), Mike Bliss (2004), Joey Logano (2012) and Denny Hamlin (2016) each have one win.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 GAMESTOP TOYOTA: NBA 2K17: Legends Live On – Following the record-breaking launch of NBA 2K16, the NBA 2K franchise continues to stake its claim as the most authentic sports video game with NBA 2K17. As the franchise that “all sports video games should aspire to be” (GamesRadar), NBA 2K17 will take the game to new heights and continue to blur the lines between video game and reality.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Jones now sits 10th in the point standings, 34 points out of first. Jones is four points out of eighth place and the cut-off line for the second round of the Chase with one race left in round one.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Drive for the Cure 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway is scheduled for Friday, October 7, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “We have a good team, we just have to do it right. I know this 20 team builds fast cars and I know this weekend at Charlotte will be no different. We just need to go out and execute and hopefully get into the next round. A lot of work and a lot of pressure, but I think we can do it.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “I can’t think of a better place to end the first round of the inaugural XFINITY Series Chase than Charlotte Motor Speedway. With the No. 20 GameStop Toyota Camry team in a “must perform” scenario, we all look forward to going to one of our stronger tracks and proving that we are still a contender for this championship.”