No. 20 Hisense USA Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: With two races remaining in the 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) season, teams head west for the second appearance of the year at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR). Erik Jones will pilot the No. 20 Hisense USA Toyota Camry for his fifth appearance at the one-mile track. In his previous four starts at the track, Jones has four top-six finishes, one pole starting position (2016) and has led five laps. Jones has an average start of 2.5 and average finish of 4.0 in NXS competition. In addition to his NXS success, Jones has three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts earning two poles, two wins and a ninth-place finish. PIR will always be in the record books of Jones career, holding the place of his first-career NCWTS win at the age of 17 in just his fifth-career start in NASCAR’s top three series.
· JGR AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 68 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Phoenix International Raceway with nine wins, 28 top-five finishes and 48 top-10 finishes with an average start of 8.4 and an average finish of 9.5. The team has earned 13 pole starting positions, led 2,100 laps and completed 13,055 of 13,545 attempted laps (96.4%). Kyle Busch has earned eight wins with Joey Logano earning one win for the team.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: With one race remaining to determine who will compete in the Championship 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Jones sits third in the point standings, 10 points out of first and seven points ahead of the cutoff spot.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Ticket Galaxy 200 at Phoenix International Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “Phoenix is a good track for me and a good track for JGR (Joe Gibbs Racing). It’s one of my favorite tracks and one I’ve seen success on in both the Truck and XFINITY Series. This is definitely a track we are going to with a lot of confidence. There’s a few guys that are going to be really strong, but I think we can contend for a win as well in our Hisense Camry. It should be a fun race.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Phoenix is an outstanding racetrack for Erik and the No. 20 Hisense USA Toyota Camry team as well as JGR as a whole. Just like Texas, Erik has been strong each time he has raced there so we are really optimistic that we can punch our ticket to the finale in Homestead with a solid mistake-free day in the ‘Valley of the Sun’.”
About Hisense USA Corporation and Hisense Company, Ltd.
Hisense USA Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Hisense Company, Ltd., established in 1969 and headquartered in Qingdao, China. Hisense USA offers an innovative range of technology products that disrupt the consumer electronics industry, challenge the competition and provide significant value to consumers. Manufactured and distributed across North America, Hisense USA’s product portfolio includes televisions, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, beverage coolers and freezers.
Hisense Company Ltd. is multinational consumer technology manufacturer and one of the largest television brands in the world, holding the #3 TV share position globally* and #1 TV share position in China for 12 consecutive years. The Company is committed to advancing the consumer technology industry across North America and has dedicated R&D centers in Atlanta, Georgia; San Jose, California; and Toronto, Canada to enable localized product development and innovation.
Hisense products are available globally in over 130 countries and regions, with production facilities in China, South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, and Mexico, as well as sales offices across North America, Europe, Australia, Middle East, and Southeastern Asia. In recognition of its strong product offerings, aggressive expansion strategies, global client base and continued investment in research and development, Frost and Sullivan recognized Hisense with the 2015 Global Competitive Strategy and Innovation Leadership Award in Smart TVs.