No. 20 DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT IOWA SPEEDWAY: This weekend for the U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway, Erik Jones will make his fourth-career start at the .875-mile track driving the No. 20 DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Toyota Camry. Jones has three previous starts at the Newton, Iowa track earning one pole and finishes of third, seventh and most recently, a 27th-place finish after a mechanical failure earlier this season for the American Ethanol E15 250.
· JGR AT IOWA SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 37 NASCAR XFINITY Series starts at Iowa Speedway. The team has earned three wins, five poles, 12 top-five finishes and 24 top-10 finishes with an average start of 6.4 and an average finish of 9.6. The team has led a combined 974 laps and completed 9,221 of 9,307 attempted laps (99.1%). Kyle Busch has one win for the team and Sam Hornish, Jr. has two wins, most recently wining the American Ethanol E15 250 in June of this year.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Following his 22nd-place finish at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Jones drops to fifth in the point standings, 69 points behind teammate and leader Daniel Suarez.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, 67 points ahead of Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “I’m really looking forward to getting back to Iowa with the No. 20 DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ team and a short track where I’ve run well in the past and had success. The last time we were here we had a fast Camry, but a mechanical issue took us out of contention early in the race. I know we’ll be fast from the time we unload and if we can put everything together, it should be a strong weekend for our DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ team. It’ll be fun to run a short track on a Saturday and hopefully get our Camry in victory lane for the third time this season.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Everyone on the DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Toyota Camry is looking forward to getting back to Iowa again this weekend. We had an extremely fast racecar the last time we were there, but had some issues that forced us from the finish we deserved. With this being a night race and Erik’s short track skills, we feel very confident Iowa is a place we can get back into victory lane.”
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial corded and cordless power tools, power tool accessories, and hand tools in categories that include Woodworking, Drilling & Fastening, Concrete & Metal Power Tools, as well as Cutting, Abrasive, and IMPACT READY® Impact Driver Power Tool Accessories. Hand Tool categories include Measuring & Layout, Knives & Blades, Mechanics Tools, and Storage Solutions.
With seven manufacturing locations in the USA, DEWALT remains committed to domestic manufacturing and produced approximately 62 million individual units of Power Tools, Hand Tools, and Accessories in the United States with global materials in 2015 alone.
DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.