No. 20 Reser’s Fine Foods Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT ROAD AMERICA: For the final road course on the 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series schedule, teams head to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin to the four-mile track of Road America where Erik Jones will make his first-career start at the track. In his two previous road course starts this season, Jones earned a 12th-place finish at Watkins Glen International and a sixth-place finish at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
· JGR AT ROAD AMERICA: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 16 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Road America, but has yet to master the 14-turn track for the team’s first win. The team has earned two top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes with an average start of 9.0 and an average finish of 12.8. The team has earned one pole starting position, led 84 laps and completed 819 of 828 attempted laps (99.9%).
· RESER'S FAVORITES IN WISCONSIN: Popular Reser's products in the Wisconsin market include
o Deviled Egg Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad: These Reser's American Classics are two of the state's best sellers. In 1-Lb and 3-Lb sizes, the salads are perfect crowd-pleasers at picnics, Badger tailgates and family gatherings.
o Reser's Chicken Salad: A top-seller in Wisconsin, Reser’s Chicken Salad is perfect for classic sandwiches. On a kaiser roll with crisp lettuce or with Wisconsin cheddar on sourdough as a tuna melt, this salad makes mealtimes a breeze.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Jones drops to sixth in the point standings following his 33rd-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway, now 80 points behind leader Elliott Sadler.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Road America 180 at Road America is scheduled for Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “I’m looking forward to this weekend at Road America and our last road course of the year. This has definitely been a learning year for me when it comes to the road courses and trying to figure out how to get around each one and the unique challenges of each track. All year we’ve had fast Camry’s and I know this weekend at Road America will be no different. We’ll use the practice sessions to get up to speed and for me to figure out my way around the track. We’ve got a big group from Reser’s with us this weekend and I’d love to get them another trip to Victory Lane.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Road America is the last of the road course season for the Reser’s Toyota Camry team for the 2016 season. It has been a learning experience for all of us and we look forward to capping off this portion of our schedule with another strong run at this great historical road racing facility.”
About Reser’s Fine Foods:
Family owned and operated, Reser’s is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes and prepared foods. For more than 65 years, Reser’s has been making fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous deli salads are a family favorite at the race track, picnics, BBQs and tailgates. Founded in 1950, the company remains committed to providing delicious refrigerated foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s operates 18 facilities in the United States and Mexico and employs more than 4,000 employees in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Visit www.resers.com.