No. 20 GameStop Rock Band Rivals Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL: The NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) will make their first of three road course stops this weekend at the newly repaved Watkins Glen International. Running his first full year in the XFINITY Series, this weekend will mark Erik Jones first-career start at the New York track. Jones has two previous road course starts, both in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). Jones competed at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park two times, earning a third-place finish in 2014 and a win in 2015.
· JGR AT WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 30 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Watkins Glen International. The team has yet to master the 2.45-mile track for its first victory, but has earned 11 top-five finishes and 15 top-10 finishes with an average start of 12.7 and an average finish of 13.0. The team has led 91 laps and completed 2,436 of 2,471 attempted laps (98.6%).
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 GAMESTOP TOYOTA: ROCK BAND RIVALS: Introducing Rock Band Rivals expansion to the best party game on the planet. The Rock Band Rivals expansion brings brand new features to Rock Band™ 4. Perform your way through an epic rock documentary about your band in a new campaign mode, join Crews to prove your skill and crush your opponents through weekly online challenges, and get a free backstage pass to months of additional game updates, including Synchronous Online Multiplayer with your friends this holiday
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Claiming his third win of the season by visiting Victory Lane at Iowa Speedway, Jones moved up to fourth in the point standings, 49 points behind leader Elliott Sadler.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, now 74 points ahead of Brennan Poole.
· RACE INFO: The Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International is scheduled for Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on CNBC, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “This will be my first time at Watkins Glen, and my first time at any of the XFINITY Series road courses. With the new track pavement and the extra practice time on Thursday, we’ll spend time figuring out the track and getting comfortable with another new track for me. The few starts I have at road courses in the Truck Series resulted in a win and a third-place finish, so hopefully we can have similar results this weekend when we take on Watkins Glen in the GameStop Rock Band Rivals Toyota Camry.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Road course season is here and everyone on the team is excited to see Erik shift some gears and turn right a bit for a change. Erik has had great success in the past road course racing even with his very limited experience with it, so we look forward to getting to Watkins Glen this weekend and seeing what he can do in the No. 20 GameStop Toyota Camry.”
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 6,900 stores across 14 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes Simply Mac and Spring Mobile stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 76 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, http://springmobile.com, sells post-paid AT&T services and wireless products through its 857 AT&T branded stores and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its 71 Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
General information about GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.