No. 20 Hisense USA Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY: Setting the stage for the final ‘regular’ season race of the 2016 season, NASCAR XFINITY Series teams head to the windy city for the Drive for Safety 300 at Chicagoland Speedway. Erik Jones will make his third-career start at the 1.5-mile track when he climbs in to the No. 20 Hisense USA Toyota Camry on Saturday afternoon for the 26th race of the year. Jones made his series debut at the track in 2014, starting from the fourth position and leading two laps on his way to his first-career top-10 finish when he crossed the finish line in seventh. In 2015, Jones pulled double duty competing at Iowa Speedway in the Truck Series before traveling to Chicagoland Speedway for the XFINITY Series race. Jones won both races that weekend, claiming his second-career XFINITY Series victory.
· JGR AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 47 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Chicagoland Speedway with six wins, 13 top-five finishes and 30 top-10 finishes with an average start of 8.5 and an average finish of 11.3. The team has earned five pole starting positions, led 1,295 laps and completed 9,052 of 9,408 attempted laps (96.2%). Kyle Busch leads the team with four wins (2008, 2010, 2013 and 2015) with Joey Logano (2009) and Jones (2015) each having one win.
· CHASE BOUND: Following Saturday’s Drive for Safety 300 at Chicagoland Speedway, the inaugural NASCAR XFINITY Series Chase field will be set. Twelve drivers will compete in the 2016 XFINITY Series Chase consisting of three rounds with the final round taking place at Homestead-Miami Speedway where four drivers will compete to earn the title of 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series Champion. With the first win of the season at Bristol Motor Speedway, Jones locked himself and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team in the Chase and furthered secured their spot with additional wins at Dover International Speedway and Iowa Speedway.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Jones remains sixth in the NASCAR XFINITY Series point standings following his second-place finish at Richmond International Raceway.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Drive for Safety 300 at Chicagoland Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBC, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “I’m really excited to get to Chicago this weekend for the last ‘regular’ season race. Chicago is a cool track and one I really enjoy racing. It’s pretty close to home for me and is track that definitely holds a few special memories from making my XFINITY Series debut there in 2014 and getting a win last season. Our focus this weekend with the Hisense USA team will be to get things lined up and really start focusing on the Chase when it starts next week at Kentucky. We still have one more chance to get a win and add a few more bonus points for when the Chase starts and I know (Chris) Gabehart and the 20 team will be ready on Saturday and there’s no reason we can’t get our fourth victory of the year.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Chicago is a great place to go race. The atmosphere will be electric with the Cup cars starting their Chase and the XFINITY cars one week from starting there’s. This race starts the part of the schedule that really is right in the wheel house for Erik Jones as a driver. Everyone on the Hisense No. 20 Toyota Camry team is looking forward to going to Chicago and making a statement this weekend. We are ready for the Chase.”
About Hisense USA Corporation and Hisense Company, Ltd.
Hisense USA Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Hisense Company, Ltd., established in 1969 and headquartered in Qingdao, China. Hisense USA offers an innovative range of technology products that disrupt the consumer electronics industry, challenge the competition and provide significant value to consumers. Manufactured and distributed across North America, Hisense USA’s product portfolio includes televisions, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, beverage coolers and freezers.
Hisense Company Ltd. is multinational consumer technology manufacturer and one of the largest television brands in the world, holding the #3 TV share position globally* and #1 TV share position in China for 12 consecutive years. The Company is committed to advancing the consumer technology industry across North America and has dedicated R&D centers in Atlanta, Georgia; San Jose, California; and Toronto, Canada to enable localized product development and innovation.
Hisense products are available globally in over 130 countries and regions, with production facilities in China, South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, and Mexico, as well as sales offices across North America, Europe, Australia, Middle East, and Southeastern Asia. In recognition of its strong product offerings, aggressive expansion strategies, global client base and continued investment in research and development, Frost and Sullivan recognized Hisense with the 2015 Global Competitive Strategy and Innovation Leadership Award in Smart TVs.