No. 20 GameStop Overwatch Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY: With the Chase for NASCAR XFINTY Series kicking off this weekend at Kentucky Speedway, Jones returns to the 1.5-mile track to make his fourth-career start. In his three previous starts at the track, Jones has two top-five finishes and three top-10 finishes. Jones has an average start of 6.7, an average finish of 4.7 and has led 39 laps. Most recently, Jones led three laps and finished fourth earlier this year when the Series made their first of two stops at Kentucky Speedway.
· JGR AT KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 49 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Kentucky Speedway with four wins, 20 top-five finishes and 29 top-10 finishes with an average start of 8.9 and an average finish of 11.7. The team has earned six pole starting positions, led 1,009 laps and completed 9,268 of 9,716 attempted laps (95.4%). Joey Logano leads the team with three wins (2008, 2009 and 2010) with Kyle Busch (2016) having one win.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 GAMESTOP TOYOTA: OVERWATCH: Fight for the Future. Soldiers. Scientists. Adventures. Oddities. In a time of global crises, an international task force of heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world: Overwatch. Overwatch ended the crises, and helped maintain peace in the decades that followed, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery. But, after many years, Overwatch’s influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded. Now, conflict is rising across the world again, and the call has gone out to heroes old and new. Are you with us? Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It was released in May 2016 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: With the NASCAR XFINTY Series Chase officially under way and the points reset for the top-12 drivers, Jones is first in the point standings with 2012 points. With four wins this season, Jones is seeded number one for the first race of the 2016 Chase.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 at Kentucky Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “I’m definitely excited to get to Kentucky and the whole team is excited for Kentucky. It’s been a good track for us and I think we have a pretty good piece for this weekend. We were in contention earlier this year, but I made a mistake and took us out of having the opportunity for the win. I’d love to go to Kentucky and get a win and lock ourselves in to the next round. I think with top 10 finishes we could get in to the next round on points, but to go to Kentucky or Dover and get a win to lock in to the next round would be nice. I think we’ll have really fast cars all through the Chase, it’s just going to be a matter of staying out of trouble and executing each week. The Chase tracks are all really good tracks for me and for JGR and I’m really excited to see how things play out.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “Coming off of a strong second-place finish at Richmond and a win at Chicago, I can't think of a better place to start off the inaugural NASCAR XFINITY Series Chase than the last stand alone event of the year at my home track of Kentucky Speedway. Erik ran an excellent race there earlier in the year on the tricky repaved track, but came up just short of the win in the end. I feel very confident that we will have a great shot to win this time around in the Bluegrass state and get our Chase started off right!”