No. 20 GameStop Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: With six races remaining in the 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series season, teams head to Dover International Speedway for the second time this season. For the May race at the Monster Mile, Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota team won their second race of the season and the ‘Dash 4 Cash’ bonus after leading 76 laps. Jones has one additional start at the track from the 2015 season where he led 70 laps before a late-race pit road violation relegated him to a ninth-place finish.
· JGR AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 78 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Dover International Speedway with 10 wins, 30 top-five finishes and 46 top-10 finishes with an average start of 9.5 and an average finish of 11.5. The team has earned eight pole starting positions, led 2,373 laps and completed 14,784 of 15,415 attempted laps (95.9%). Kyle Busch leads the team with five wins (2008, swept 2010 and 2014), Joey Logano (swept 2012) and Denny Hamlin (2007 and 2008) each have two wins with Jones (2016) having one win to his credit at the Monster Mile.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 GAMESTOP TOYOTA: RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR CELEBRATION: Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 “Best Of” awards, in which Laura Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia in search of an ancient mystery.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: With his 28th-place finish at Kentucky Speedway, Jones now sits ninth in the point standings, 23 points out of first. Jones is three points out of eighth place and the cut-off line for the second round of the Chase with two races left in round one.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Drive Sober 200 at Dover International Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “Dover is a place where we’ve always had a lot of speed and is one of my favorite tracks. We had a really good package in the spring and we’ve improved on it even more since then. Last week I made a mistake laying it all out on the line for a win, but we definitely had the speed and that’s encouraging heading in to this weekend. At this point, we’ll need to focus a little more on points racing and go to Dover with that mind set and try to go out and get a solid finish. I think we can get a top-five finish the next two weeks and hopefully that will put us in a good position to move on to the next round and keep us in contention for the Championship”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “For the No. 20 GameStop Toyota Camry team Dover is simple; we must finish to our potential. We have shown speed and the ability to win nearly every weekend just like we did last weekend at Kentucky, but often times not gotten the finish to show for it. We won at Dover earlier this year with a pretty dominate car. I feel confident we are bringing a better car this time with a great shot at repeating that performance and we are all looking forward to the opportunity to do so.”
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 6,900 stores across 14 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes Simply Mac and Spring Mobile stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 76 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, http://springmobile.com, sells post-paid AT&T services and wireless products through its 857 AT&T branded stores and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its 71 Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
General information about GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @www.facebook.com/GameStop.