No. 20 DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: For the second time this season, NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) teams will head to Richmond International Raceway for the 25th race of 2016. When teams take to the trackFriday night, Erik Jones will make his fourth-career start at the .75-mile track behind the wheel of the No. 20 DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Toyota Camry. In his previous start at the track this season, Jones earned the pole and led 17 laps before a late-race accident relegated the team to a 34th-place finish. Jones also has a fourth and fifth-place finish from 2015.
· JGR AT RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 81 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) starts at Richmond International Raceway with six wins, 20 top-five finishes and 38 top-10 finishes with an average start of 13.0 and an average finish of 15.5. The team has earned six pole starting positions, led 1,283 laps and completed 18,946 of 19,976 attempted laps (94.8%). Denny Hamlin (2008, 2011, 2015) and Kyle Busch (2009, 2011, 2014) each have three wins for the team.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 TOYOTA: This weekend will mark the fifth and final race for DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ as the primary sponsor on the No. 20 Camry in the NASCAR XFINITY Series with Jones. Jones started off the 2016 stint with DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ by earning a 10th-place finish at Daytona International Speedway on July 1, followed by a win at Iowa Speedway on July 30, a sixth-place finish at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on August 13 and most recently a sixth-place finish at Darlington Raceway on September 3.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS UPDATE: Jones remains sixth in the NASCAR XFINITY Series point standings following his sixth-place finish at Darlington Raceway.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Jones continues to lead the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings ahead of Brennan Poole and Brandon Jones.
· RACE INFO: The Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway is scheduled for Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “I’m definitely ready to get to Richmond this weekend and back to a track where I have a level of comfort and have run well in the past. The short tracks have always been good tracks for me and at Richmond, I’ve always run well, including earlier this year even though we didn’t get the finish to show for it. I know (Chris) Gabehart and the 20 team will bring another fast DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Camry this weekend and I think there is no reason we can’t get another pole, run up front and redeem ourselves from earlier this season. With two races to go before the Chase, we’re focused on getting wins and things ready for the final seven races and putting ourselves in contention for the Championship when we get to Miami.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “For our race team, Richmond marks the point on the schedule where we get back to ‘normal” NASCAR XFINITY Series racing for the remainder of the year. With the road courses as well as Darlington behind us, getting to Richmond will allow us to start focusing on the things we need to do to be prepared for chase style tracks once we get to Kentucky and beyond. We had a really strong car at Richmond in the spring, but lost our way a bit with some adjustments throughout the race and got some bad track position ultimately causing us to wreck out. We feel confident that we can have a much better showing with the DEWALT FLEXVOLT™ Camry this Friday night under the lights!”
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial corded and cordless power tools, power tool accessories, and hand tools in categories that include Woodworking, Drilling & Fastening, Concrete & Metal Power Tools, as well as Cutting, Abrasive, and IMPACT READY® Impact Driver Power Tool Accessories. Hand Tool categories include Measuring & Layout, Knives & Blades, Mechanics Tools, and Storage Solutions.
With seven manufacturing locations in the USA, DEWALT remains committed to domestic manufacturing and produced approximately 62 million individual units of Power Tools, Hand Tools, and Accessories in the United States with global materials in 2015 alone.
DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.