HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (March 22, 2017) – Continuing their partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing and Erik Jones, GameStop returns to the No. 20 Toyota Camry in the NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) as the primary sponsor for eight races this season starting this weekend at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California.
“GameStop was one of the first sponsors to go with me when I moved to the XFINITY Series at JGR and we’ve had a lot of fun over the last few years,” said Jones. “GameStop was with me for my first-career XFINITY win at Texas in 2015 and since then, we’ve won races and had a lot of success on and off the track. For someone like me who enjoys gaming, it’s been really cool to see the different games and accessories featured on the 20 car over the years. We’ve had some pretty cool paint schemes and suits, and I’m looking forward to continuing to work together.”
Since partnering with Jones in 2015, GameStop has been present for several career milestones for Jones in the NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS). In 2015 at Auto Club Speedway, Jones scored his first-career NXS pole before finishing third the in the race. The following week at Texas Motor Speedway, Jones earned the pole and his first-career NXS victory. Since joining the NXS series, Jones has taken GameStop to victory lane twice and while carrying the GameStop brands, has earned seven poles, 13 top-five finishes and 15 top-10 finishes.
In addition to this weekend at Auto Club Speedway, GameStop will serve as the primary sponsor at Texas Motor Speedway (April 8), Daytona International Speedway (June 30), Indianapolis Motor Speedway (July 22), Chicagoland Speedway (September 16), Dover International Speedway (September 30), Texas Motor Speedway (November 4) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (November 18).
No. 20 GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his third-career start at Auto Club Speedway this weekend in the No. 20 GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Toyota Camry. In his two previous starts at the two-mile track, Jones has one top-five finish and has led four laps. Jones earned his first-career NASCAR XFINITY Series pole in 2015 at Auto Club Speedway in just his eighth start in the series.
· JGR AT AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 52 total starts at Auto Club Speedway in NXS competition earning 9 wins, 20 top-five finishes, 30 top-10 finishes and 10 pole starting positions. The team has led 1,134 laps, completed 7,455 of 7,808 attempted laps (95.5%) and earned an average start of 11.0 and an average finish of 12.1. Kyle Busch has earned six wins for the team with Joey Logano earning two wins and Tony Stewart visiting victory lane one time for JGR.
· THIS WEEK ON THE GAMESTOP CAMRY: NYKO MINI BOSS: Conquer any game and get the Hi-Score with Miniboss for NES Classic Edition. Miniboss features SPACE-AGE Cordless Technology allowing wireless play from up to 15 feet away. Cords are so yesterday and wireless is the future! Sit back in comfort to enjoy the Nintendo classics! No need to be close to the television. Two offset ergonomic face buttons gives you the precision needed to make those jumps, avoid those beams and mash those buttons. Two is all you need! The rad 4-way directional pad is perfect for up, down, right and left movement. Miniboss is powered by an internal rechargeable battery that is charged by a Micro-USB cable (cable not included).
· #GAMESTOPGIVEAWAY: Returning for the 2017 NASCAR season, the popular #GameStopGiveaway on Twitter will take place each weekend GameStop is the primary sponsor for Erik Jones in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Follow along on twitter via @GameStopRacing and @GameStop and for your chance to win, follow @JoeGibbsRacing where details about how to enter will be posted each week GameStop is the primary sponsor.
· RACE INFO: The XFINITY 300 at Auto Club Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “Fontana is a unique track, and a good track for me. It’s where I got my first XFINITY pole in 2015 and we had a good run that year. Last year we started up front and learned a lot, but came up short on fuel at the end. I think this year we’ll have a strong car and be able to have some fun. The track runs like a two-mile Atlanta, with lots of grooves, fast and bumpy. If we can get our car working well where we can run close to the wall, we’ll be able to have some fun in the GameStop Camry.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: ““After our strong run last weekend at Phoenix, the 20 team is ready to take the momentum and head to Auto Club Speedway, another track where Erik (Jones) has run well in the past and enjoys racing. Last year we ran up front, just needed a little more fuel at the end. The track itself is one of the faster tracks we go to and if we can get the No. 20 GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Camry dialed in where Erik can run the groove closest to the wall, I think we’ll be able to put on a great show for the fans of Southern California”
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 7,500 stores across 14 countries. The company's consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world's leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. Our Technology Brands segment includes 1,522 Simply Mac, Spring Mobile AT&T and Cricket stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, sells the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offers Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, www.springmobile.com, sells all of AT&T’s products and services, including DIRECTV and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
General information about GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company’s corporate website.