Box Score Info:
RACE: NASCAR XFINITY Series – Service King 300
TRACK: Auto Club Speedway
DRIVER: Erik Jones
CAR: No. 20 GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Toyota Camry
OWNER’S POINT STANDINGS: 4th (59 points out of 1st)
· Racing in Southern California at Auto Club Speedway, Erik Jones secured the third starting position for the Service King 300 and after 150 laps, crossed the finish line in fourth in the No. 20 GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Toyota Camry.
· With the race green on Saturday afternoon, Jones settled in to the top five as the leaders shuffled out to run single file around the two-mile track. Late in stage one, the caution flag waved on lap 29 and Jones pitted from the third position for four tires, fuel and a round of adjustments to help with the handling of the No. 20 Camry. The race restarted with one lap left in stage one with Jones in the fourth position. The field made one lap before the caution waved on lap 35 to end stage one. Jones was credited with a fourth place finish for the stage.
· The race restarted on lap 41 and remained green for the remainder of stage two. The caution was displayed on lap 70 to end the stage with the GameStop team scored third. Crew chief Chris Gabehart called Jones to pit road for four tires, fuel and a small adjustment to help with the handling of the No. 20 Camry. A solid stop was stalled when the team had to back the No. 20 Camry up in order for Jones to exit his pit stall. Jones restarted the race from the eighth position on lap 77.
· On lap 81, the race was again slowed and the team opted to leave Jones on the track under the caution. The race restarted on lap 88 with Jones scored seventh. With a strong Camry, Jones was able to move into the top five and take over third on lap 89 before the caution was again displayed on lap 94. Having damage from contact with the car who out the caution, Jones pitted when pit road opened for four tires, fuel and to assess the damage to the GameStop Camry. Jones restarted the race from third on lap 104 and dropped one position to fourth when the caution waved on lap 106. The team called Jones to pit road for tires, fuel and to repair damage to the nose of the No. 20 Camry. Jones restarted the race from 21st on lap 114.
· With a fast GameStop Nyko Mini Boss Camry, Jones was able to move through the field to return to the top 10 on lap 118 and the top five on lap 122.
· Running in the fourth position, Jones made his final stop of the race when the caution flag waved for the final time on lap 141. The race restarted with four laps remaining in the Service King 300 and Jones was able to move from ninth to fourth in the closing laps to score his second top-five finish of the season.
· Kyle Larson won the race followed by Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Jones and William Byron.
· The XFINITY Series now has their first off weekend of the 2017 season before returning to competition at Texas Motor Speedway for the My Bariatric Solutions 300 on Saturday, April 8, 2017.