No. 20 GameStop Gaems Vanguard Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his fifth-career start at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend in the NASCAR XFINITY Series behind the wheel of the No. 20 Gaems Vanguard Toyota Camry. In his previous four starts at the 1.5-mile track, Jones has earned one win, one pole and four top-four finishes. He has led 114 laps and earned an average start of 2.0 and an average finish of 2.8. Jones’ lone win at the track came in 2015 in just his ninth-career start in NXS competition when he won the pole and led 79 laps on his way to securing his first-career series win. Jones has three starts in Truck Series competition at the Fort Wort track, earning one win in 2015, the same year he won the Truck Series Championship. In addition to his NXS and Truck Series competition, Jones has one start in the Cup Series where he earned a 12th-place finish.
· JGR AT TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 74 total starts at Texas Motor Speedway in NXS competition earning nine wins, 28 top-five finishes, 47 top-10 finishes and six pole starting positions. The team has led 1,849 laps, completed 14,033 of 14,738 attempted laps (95.2%) and earned an average start of 10.9 and an average finish of 10.9. Kyle Busch has earned eight of the teams wins with Jones capturing one win for the team.
· THE SEARCH FOR 1000: To date, Jones has led 984 laps in NASCAR XFINITY Series competition. Once Jones leads 16 more competition laps, he will break the 1,000 mark for laps led in the series.
· THIS WEEK ON THE GAMESTOP CAMRY: GAEMS VANGUARD: Introducing the Mother of all GAEMS. (Except this one doesn’t get upset when you miss dinner because you’re mastering Level 7). The GAEMS Vanguard allows you to transform any space into your own Personal Gaming Environment. No matter where you are, all you have to do is pop it open, plug it in and play. Immerse yourself in every detail with the Vanguard’s non-reflective 19" 720p (1080p scaled) El-LED display. Unleash the power of its metal-coned chambered speakers, or make your experience a little more personal by utilizing its dual output jacks. The Vanguard takes gaming to a whole new level of convenience with a remote control and a PGE Sling for easy carrying. Its rugged armored shell protects your favorite console while in transit, even if that simply means going from room to room. And it’s TSA friendly, so you can throw it in your carry-on. Looks like layovers just got awesome.
· #GAMESTOPGIVEAWAY: Returning for the 2017 NASCAR season, the popular #GameStopGiveaway on Twitter will take place each weekend GameStop is the primary sponsor for Erik Jones in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Follow along on twitter via @GameStopRacing and @GameStop and for your chance to win, follow @JoeGibbsRacing where details about how to enter will be posted each week GameStop is the primary sponsor.
· RACE INFO: The My Bariatric Solutions 300 at Texas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FOX, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “Texas Motor Speedway has quickly become one of my favorite tracks with a lot of great memories, from receiving my diploma at driver intros to winning my first XFINITY race. It’s a place I’ve really enjoyed racing from the start and definitely one I circle on my calendar every year. It’s a fun place, a place where we can put on a show for the fans and that makes it a lot of fun for the drivers. I’m looking forward to getting back in the 20 car this weekend and having a solid race in GameStop’s backyard in the No. 20 GameStop Gaems Toyota Camry.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gabehart: “After a week off, team 20 is ready to get back to the track this weekend at one of Erik’s (Jones) best tracks, Texas Motor Speedway. Erik was able to get his first stage win a few weeks ago in California, and I have no doubt we’ll be able to pick up where we left off and have a good run this weekend at Texas. I think with the right moves, we’ll have our No. 20 GameStop Gaems Toyota Camry in the right place at the right time to put ourselves in contention at the end of 150 laps to leave the Lone Star state with a new set of cowboy hats!”