No. 77 Sport Clips Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: For the 20th race of the 2017 Cup Series season, Erik Jones will make his first-career start in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway driving the No. 77 Sport Clips Toyota Camry. Jones has two starts in the NASCAR XFINITY Series at the historical track with an average start of 2.5 and an average finish of 28.0.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 77 CAMRY: This weekend Sport Clips will make their third appearance as the primary sponsor on the No. 77 Toyota Camry with Erik Jones and Furniture Row Racing. Following the Brickyard 400, Sport Clips will have one more primary race with Jones and the No. 77 team in their backyard at Texas Motor Speedway on November 5.
· DOUBLE DUTY: In addition to piloting the No. 77 Sport Clips Toyota Camry in the Brickyard 400 on Sunday, July 23, Jones will pull double duty this weekend competing in Saturday’s Lilly Diabetes 250 in the No. 20 GameStop Nerf Toyota Camry.
· ROOKIE UPDATE: After 19 races of the 2017 Cup Series season, Jones sits second in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, four points behind Toyota Racing teammate Daniel Suarez.
· RACE INFO: The Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBC, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Erik Jones: “It’s pretty neat to race at Indy. I remember my first time at the track in the XFINITY Series a couple of years ago and how cool that was and now my first Brickyard 400. I think that’s another milestone for anyone’s career. I’m excited to make my first start in the Brickyard and hopefully have a good showing. It’s just neat to be at Indy and close to home really for me. It’s neat to be there at a track that not only has the Brickyard 400, but the Indy 500 and all the history involved is pretty special.”