Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Track: Daytona International Speedway (2.5-mile Superspeedway)
Format: 60 Laps
Start/Finish: 7th/14th (Running, 59 of 60 laps)
Race Winner: Joey Logano
Duel Race Recap:
- Erik Jones and the No. 20 Sport Clips Toyota Camry team started seventh and finished 14th in Duel Qualifying Race No. 2 on Thursday evening at Daytona International Speedway.
- Starting the race from the seventh position, Jones quickly settled in to the top 10 as the entire field became single-file early in the 60-lap event.
- Crew Chief Chris Gayle called Jones to pit road on lap 12 for fuel only, but a speeding penalty exiting pit road forced Jones and the No. 20 team to serve a pass through penalty. Losing the lead draft, Jones was eventually passed by the leaders to fall off the lead lap. Blending with the lead pack, Jones was able to stay in the lucky dog position, but with a caution-free race, he was unable to return to the lead lap.
- Jones finished the race as the first car one lap down in the 14th position.
- Based on his finish in the Duel, Jones will start the Daytona 500 from the 28th position.
- The Daytona 500 is scheduled to run on Sunday, February 17, 2019 and can be seen live on FOX beginning at 2:30 p.m. ET.