Date: June 27, 2020
Event: Pocono Organics 325 (Round 14 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Pocono Raceway (2.5-mile Triangle)
Format: 130 laps (3 Stages: 25 laps / 77 laps / 130 laps)
Start/Finish: 19th/38th (Accident, Completed 70 of 130 laps)
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Stage 1 Winner: Joey Logano
Stage 2 Winner: Aric Almirola
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1 – 25)
- Erik Jones and the No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry team started the first race of the weekend at Pocono Raceway from the 19th position and finished stage one in 10th place.
- With rain delaying the start of Saturday’s race, Jones and the No. 20 team rolled off from the 19th and settled in, taking their time until the competition caution on lap 12. Running in the 19th position, Jones radioed the team that he was a little snug, but just needed track position. Crew chief Chris Gayle opted for track position and decided to stay out under the caution. Jones restarted the race from 12th on lap 16.
- As the stage continued and teams opted for varying pit strategies, Jones was scored 10th when the caution waved on lap 25 to end stage one. Gayle called Jones to pit road for four tires, fuel and adjustments.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 26 – 77)
- Jones started the second stage from the 25th position and finished the stage in 38th.
- Restarting the race from 25th on lap 30, Jones was able to start his march to the front, picking off one competitor at a time.
- Jones moved in to the top 20 on lap 32 and returned to the top 10 on lap 44.
- As the field began making green-flag stops, Jones was able to advance to third before the caution waved on lap 64 for a single-car incident. Jones pitted for four tires and fuel. The race restarted on lap 69 with Jones 13th.
- Battling for position, contact from a competitor on lap 70 turned Jones in to the inside wall. With too much damage to the CRAFTSMAN Camry, Jones was unable to continue in the Pocono Organics 325.
- The No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry team was credited with a 38th-place finish.
- Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Denny Hamlin finished second, Kyle Busch finished fifth and Martin Truex Jr. finished sixth.
Up Next: The NASCAR Cup Series stays at Pocono Raceway for the Pocono 350 on Sunday, June 28, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1 and MRN radio.