Box Score Info:
Date: May 26, 2019
Event: Coca-Cola 600 (Race 13 of 36)
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Track: Charlotte Motor Speedway (1.5-mile Oval)
Format: 400 Laps (Stages: 100 laps / 100 laps / 100 laps / 100 laps)
Start/Finish: 16th/40th (Completed 23 of 400 laps)
Point Standings: 17th (309 points)
Race Winner: Martin Truex, Jr.
Stage 1 Winner: Brad Keselowski
Stage 2 Winner: Brad Keselowski
Stage 3 Winner: Martin Truex, Jr.
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-100)
- Erik Jones and the No. 20 Reser’s Main St Bistro Toyota Camry team started the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway from the 16th position and finished the race 40th.
- With the green-flag in the air, Jones and the No. 20 team started picking off one competitor at a time moving in to the top 15 by lap 10 and moved in the top 10 on lap 21.
- Unfortunately, a right-front tire issue on lap 23 sent the No. 20 Camry in to the outside wall and with too much damage to continue, Jones was forced to retire from the 400-lap event early.
- The team was credited with a 40th-place finish.
ERIK JONES, No. 20 Reser’s Main Street Bistro Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Talk about what happened to you out there.
“We had a really good Reser’s Camry. I think we were in a really good position to work our way forward and just lost a tire. That hasn’t happened to me in a long time so it’s just unfortunate. I don’t know if we ran something over. It’s a bummer, you don’t want to be out of the 600 this early and we had a car that could have contended today. Just have to go back to work and go get them next week.”
- Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Martin Truex, Jr. won the race with teammate Kyle Busch finishing third and Denny Hamlin finishing 17th.
Next Race: Teams now head to Pocono Raceway on Sunday, June 2, 2019 for the Pocono 400. The race is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1, MRN and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.