Date: February 13, 2020
Event: Bluegreen Vacations Duel No. 2
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Daytona International Speedway (2.5-mile superspeedway)
Format: 60 laps
Race Winner: William Byron
- Erik Jones and the No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry team started Duel No. 2 from the fifth positon and finished sixth.
- Moving into the third position on the opening lap of the Bluegreen Vacations Duel No. 2, Jones was able to run the first 20 laps in the top 10 before taking over the lead on lap 23 and leading the next eight laps.
- Crew chief Chris Gayle called Jones to pit road on lap 33 for a scheduled green-flag pit stop for right side tires and fuel. Once Jones returned to the track, he was scored in the fifth position.
- The only caution of the race came on lap 42 for a multi-car accident. The team opted to stay out under the caution and restarted the race from fifth on lap 47.
- Over the final 13 laps, Jones fell from third to the back of the lead pack, but was able to make his way back to sixth when the checkered flag waved.
- With his finish, Jones will start Sunday’s Daytona 500 from the 14th position.