No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry News and Notes:
- JONES AT NORTH WILKESBORO: With the last race at North Wilkesboro Speedway taking place the year Erik Jones was born, 1996, this will mark his first start at the track as he looks to earn his first virtual win in the iRacing Pro Invitational Series. The last time the historical .625-mile track hosted a Cup event, Jeff Gordon took home the checkered flag.
- FORMAT: This week’s eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series race at virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway will consist of 160 laps. Drivers will qualify Saturday afternoon to set the field for the North Wilkesboro 160 with the top 10 qualifiers being inverted for the start of the race and the top-three finishers from last weekend’s race at virtual Dover International Speedway starting at the rear of the field.
- THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: CRAFTSMAN returns to the No. 20 Camry this weekend as driver’s virtually head to historical North Wilkesboro Speedway.
- ROUND 7: This week will mark the seventh and last-scheduled race of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series. Jones has competed in the first six rounds earning his best finish last weekend at virtual Dover International Speedway where he finished fourth.
- VIRTUAL DOVER RECAP: Erik Jones started the Finish Line 150 at virtual Dover International Speedway from the 31st position and recovered from an early-race incident to finish the race in the fourth position. The finish marked his best-career finish in the iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
- RACE INFO: The North Wilkesboro 160 at virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, May 9, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET on FOX and FOX Sports 1.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “I’m looking forward to North Wilkesboro. It’s something completely different for me. I’ve never been there in real life or virtually until earlier this week when I ran some laps and some of the practice races. It should be fun. It’s really a unique track. It’s challenging from the time I’ve spent on it and the laps I’ve made. I know we’re all pretty excited to run there to finish it out. It’s been a good time in the Pro Invitational over the last month and a half that we’ve been running it since Homestead. Hopefully we can close it out with another good show at North Wilkesboro and you know, maybe we’ll come home with the win for our CRAFTSMAN Camry. We had a good shot at Dover and it would be nice to get up front and win one of these races.”
CRAFTSMAN is the American icon that homeowners, home builders, auto enthusiasts and master mechanics have trusted since 1927 – and today’s CRAFTSMAN continues that legacy. With a focus on reliable, high-performance tools, storage and equipment, CRAFTSMAN has revived its long-established pride in superior quality. Now it’s easier than ever to get the tools trusted for generations at more places than ever. For more information visit www.craftsman.com or follow CRAFTSMAN on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.