Date: May 9, 2020
Event: North Wilkesbooro 160 (Round 7)
Series: eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series
Location: Virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway (.625-mile Oval)
Distance: 160 laps
Race Winner: Denny Hamlin
· Erik Jones qualified the No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Camry in the 17th position for the North Wilkesboro 160 at virtual North Wilkesboro Speedway. Unfortunately, two early incidents forced Jones to pit road for extensive repairs where he lost 10 laps to the leaders. Continuing to run laps, Jones was able to move up from 29th to 22nd when the race ended.
ERIK JONES, No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finishing Position: 22nd
“We didn’t quite end our last iRace how we were looking too. We got wrecked twice pretty early and kind of ended our day. I rode around and picked up as much as I could. I think we picked up six or seven spots at the end and ended up 22nd, 10 laps down. It’s a bummer, but thanks to CRAFTSMAN for coming on. Wish we could have gotten you guys a better run, but just some unfortunate circumstances for us. Makes me more excited to get to Darlington next weekend and get back in the car. We’re all pretty excited about that, I know I really am. Closing out the iRacing series, I had fun, had a couple of good runs, but just didn’t work out to get a win.”
· This was Jones’ seventh race in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
· Jones scored his best finish in the series last weekend at virtual Dover International Speedway where he finished fourth.
· Jones finished the series with one top-five finish and three top-10 finish in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
· NASCAR returns to track next weekend at Darlington Raceway for the Darlington 400 on Sunday, March 17, 2020. The race will be broadcast on FOX beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET.