Date: May 3, 2020
Event: Finish Line 150 (Round 6)
Series: eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series
Location: Virtual Dover International Speedway (1.0-mile Concrete Oval)
Distance: 150 laps
Race Winner: William Byron
- Erik Jones qualified the No. 20 DEWALT ATOMIC Camry in the 31st position for the Finish Line 150 at virtual Dover International Speedway and after 150 laps, crossed the finish line in the fourth position for his best-career finish in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
- Starting deep in the field, Jones practiced patience as he made his way to the top 20 before an incident on lap 42 forced him to use his lone fast repair of the race. With the DEWALT ATOMIC Camry repaired, Jones returned to the track and again began making his way from the back of the field to the front. Jones moved in to the top 20 by lap 60 and cracked the top 10 on the lap 81 restart. With multiple cautions in the second half of the race, Jones was able to move in to the top five on the last restart of the race with 10 laps to go. In the closing laps of the race, Jones was able to gain one more position to finish the race with a solid fourth-place finish.
ERIK JONES, No. 20 DEWALT ATOMIC Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finishing Position: 4th
“Pretty solid race for us. Our best run so far in the iRacing Series. It was awesome to get a good finish and get DEWALT up front – get them a good top-five with the new DEWALT ATOMIC car. It looked really good. I had fun; I think we just needed some longer runs at the end to be able to get up there and have a shot with those guys. We weren’t quite as fast on the first five to 10 laps as they were, but we could really run them down after. I had fun. A solid run for us. I had a chance to get up there and contend for a win, which was pretty cool.”
- Today’s finish of fourth marked Jones’ best finish in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series, overtaking his previous best of seventh at virtual Richmond Raceway.
- The finish marked Jones’ first top-five finish and third top-10 finish in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
- This was Jones’ sixth race in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
- With the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series coming to end as NASCAR gears up to return to racing on May 17 at Darlington Raceway, teams will now take on North Wilkesboro Raceway for the finale on Saturday, May 9, 2020.